Pages

Friday 25 October 2013

Oh Hello - it's a chevron tree this Christmas!

I actually made one of these cards at the beginning of the week, inspired by the Tree theme at Less is More, but didn't get round to blogging it with all the excitement over Stampin' Up discounting all those stamp sets (see above!) Since then, I've been looking at my discounted sets and it occurred to me that I could make my stylised tree with the Oh Hello set too. I'm probably making no sense at all (no change there then!) but come and have a look anyway:


This is the first one I made - a curve-cornered panel topped with a simple tree shape made with the Chevron punch and decorated with a single gem. I added the sentiment from Wishing You, which was coloured with markers to get the two colours. Here's a close up of that fun little tree:


The second card is designed along the same lines but using the patchwork-style chevron stamp from Oh Hello. I stamped it in Gumball Green and used Raspberry Ripple card stock (it's a lovely dark pinky red not the bright red it appears in the photo!)


And here's a close up of the tree:


I used a marker to add a trunk for my tree and then stamped the edging stamp over the tree using Garden Green and getting the positioning right with the aid of my stamp-a-majig. In keeping with the homespun style of the stamp, I added a heart to top my tree and gave it a little pot to sit in by snipping the top and bottom off a larger punched heart.

Here's what you'll need to make both cards
Stamps: Wishing You, Oh Hello
Ink: Gumball Green, Garden Green classic inks plus markers
Card stock: Chocolate Chip, Raspberry Ripple, Whisper White
Other: Chevron, small heart and 2 step owl punches, Basic Rhinestones, stamp-a-majig

Crafting Clare online shop, shopping with Vicky Hayes, Stampin Up clearance rack
You can order from my online shop any time, day or night,
but if you have any queries, or prefer to speak to me, I'm always happy to help.
You can contact me by email or phone on 01280 820593.
Customers placing orders of £250+
will get a whopping £65 worth of freebies during October!
If you'd prefer to spread the cost of your crafty stash, but still get
freebies as well as handmade gifts and cards and complementary catalogues,
why not consider joining my Stampers 6 club?

My daughter was lucky enough to go along to along to the Royal Shakespeare Theatre's production of Richard II yesterday evening. I'm afraid I lost all my dignity when she told me. "Sqeeee!" I shrieked, "David Tennant's in that!" and then tried to recover by adding: "and of course it's a marvellously educational opportunity." After that I gave up any semblance of maturity and as my daughter left the house called after her: "Give my love to Davy T!"

The gorgeous er I mean the esteemed actor
David Tennant plays Richard II
Have a fantastic weekend and I'll see you very soon,

17 comments:

  1. OMGosh I love this, I can see a few of these in my Christmas stash this year! Thanks for the inspiration :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely CAS designs Vicky, how clever to use the chevrons as a tree!
    I saw David Tennant in Hamlet in Stratford a few years back, he was brilliant as were all the cast, but all eyes were on him! He was still the Dr back then, and I remember a gaggle of girls waiting for him at stage door!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are too adorable, Vicky!! I love your modern and minimalist trees, too! And how you've turned the second one into a rustic country modern tree! That's a treat!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just where do you get all your ideas from, you're a marvel.

    Oh, by the way I saw David first!! Hee, Hee.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Two brilliant cards Vicky, I love them.
    luv
    irene
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your Christmas tree cards...such a clever idea Vicky

    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great creative use of the chevrons! You are the chevron queen! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Vicky
    This is a fabulous idea.... Love the second one.....
    Hugs Sylvie xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh yes, I like that very much, especially the second one - very stylised and cool.
    Oh who doesn't have a little swoon over Davy T?! xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh to see David ........ (sigh). Maybe he'll decide to visit Sydney one day! Very clever take on your Christmas trees, definitely thinking outside the square! Helen
    ps hope your daughter enjoyed Davi .... oops, Richard II

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is really innovative Vicky, what a great couple of cards!
    Thanks so much
    Chrissie
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  12. Vicky, you always amaze, and inspire me to use stamps sets in other ways than the obvious! These trees are pure genius. Bev x

    ReplyDelete
  13. I just love those bold chevrons as tree boughs.... very clever design for a contemporary Christmas card :0)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Congratulations on being "showcased" over at Less is More for your chevron Christmas tree. Such a clever idea! xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm popping back with pleasure to congratulate you on being showcased at LIM for your great card, Vicky!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  16. Just saw your card at Less Is More - genius idea! The stylised trees look great!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I really love both of your cards...so clever!

    Congrats on your well deserved showcase at LIM!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to know what you think. Do leave me a comment - it always makes my day! Vicky x


(In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) you comment in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.)